Senior Management Team
EWF Capital Advisors is led by an experienced team of senior executives with long standing and complementary experiences in the global financial markets, sustainability and natural resources.
The senior management team is comprised of the following individuals:
- Chairman of LAIG Investments from 2010 to Present, an investment company focused on Latin America Private Equity opportunities with over USD 1.5 billion in transactions;
- Chairman and Founder of InvestTur Brasil, the leading real estate company in the tourism segment in Brazil;
- Head of all private sector activities for the Inter-American Development Bank in Washington;
- Head of Latin America Investment Banking for Citigroup and prior to this Head of Latin America Investment Banking for Lehman Brothers;
- President and Founder of LTCB Latin America, an investment banking partnership with The Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan;
- Recognized by Latin Finance (Euromoney Group) in 2003 as one of the most influential leaders in the Latin American Financial Markets over the past 15 years; and
- Member of the Board of Directors of numerous entities, and a graduate of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20+ years of leadership experience in the financial sector in the UK, the US and Latin America, both in the buy-side, sell-side and as an entrepreneur –in the areas of green finance, natural resources and cleantech;
- Participated in 2009 in the foundation of the partnership which led to the establishment of EFW Capital Advisors in 2015. Co-founded EcoAdvance in 2006, an environmental consulting company focused on carbon credits, successfully sold in 2008 to OneCarbon, a subsidiary of Dutch energy company Econcern. In 2009, he co-founded OMNIS Biotechnology, an environmental biotech company focused on biological waste treatment;
- Worked as a senior analyst in the investment banking division of Morgan Stanley from 1997 to 2003 in the areas of capital markets, utilities and cleantech. In 2003, joined Coghill Capital Management as a buyside senior analyst where he focused on research-driven, small-cap stocks, and
- French and US national, graduated with honors from Williams College in the United States with a B.A. in Economics, and completed executive education on “Developing Strategy for Value Creation”, at the London Business School.
- Email: email@example.com
- 15+ years of experience, leading international projects and operations in seven countries. Focused on business development, cross border (M&A), mergers and acquisitions, turnaround strategy, international trading and multi-modal logistics;
- Responsible for one of the principal investments of EFW Capital Advisors (BWP –Biomass and Wood Products AG). Integrated solutions from South America manufacturing plants to local stores in Europe. Established and managed distribution for 12 ports and Distribution Centers on the continent and surrounding islands;
- Founder and Managing Director of Green Energies, a consulting company focused on natural resources, based in São Paulo, Brazil. In charge of country forest investment criteria and M&A for pension funds via TIMOs (Timberland Investment Management Organization) in the Brazilian Market. Active participation in bids, negotiations and acquisitions of Brazilian commercial forest assets with values of up to EUR 100 million;
- Managing Partner and founder of TMO Global Logistics do Brasil. Head of the operational teams in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay, working with agricultural commodities, forest products and specialty projects (such as with blades and towers for wind power generators), and
- Brazilian citizen, holds a Masters in International Management (MIM) from the School of Global Commerce and Management in Washington, USA, and holds an undergraduate degree in economics from Kenyon College, Ohio.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carlos N. Guimarães – Chairman
Benjamin J. Ergas – CEO
Estevão Borges de Avila – Managing Director